How To Register
Apply For Coverage
If you or your family members do not have health insurance we can help you apply for coverage,
including new insurances available under
Sliding Fee Scale Notice
La Clínica serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Sliding Fee Scale discounts for services are offered depending upon family size and income.
Call a Health Center
To become a patient of La Clínica, please call the health center
you would like to be seen at.
Typically, you will need to come to register in person, so you can make an appointment or drop in. In some cases registration can be done by phone.
La Clínica accepts most forms of health insurance, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, Denti-Cal, and most managed care plans. If you or your family members do not have health insurance we can help you apply for coverage.
We also offer a based on your family income.
You can prepare for your registration by filling out the registration form.
Proof of Identification
When you register you will be asked to present proof of identification, address verification, and current income information.
- Proof of identification (one of the following):
Address verification with your name (one of the following):
- California Driver's License or ID card
- Citizenship document or Resident card
- School ID
- Birth certificates for family members
- Social Security Cards for each member
- City of Oakland Municipal Identification Card
Current income information (one of the following):
- Current PG&E bill
- Current telephone bill
- Rent receipt
- One month's worth of recent paycheck stubs
- Copy of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Unemployment, Social Security or Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Copy of IRS tax forms from previous year
Notice To Patients
La Clínica serves all patients regardless of ability to pay.
discounts for services are offered depending upon family size and income.
If you have questions or wish to apply for a Sliding Fee Scale discount, please speak with a receptionist or Human Services Specialist (HSS) in the Billing and Registration department for more information.