Senior Health Care Delivery Initiative
With the support of John Muir/Mt. Diablo Community Health Fund beginning in January 2012, La Clínica de La Raza established the Senior Health Care Delivery Initiative.
The SHCD Initiative strengthens coordination of care and partnerships to ensure more coordinated, proactive, and senior-friendly services.
The goal of the SHCD Initiative is to improve the health and well-being of seniors served by La Clínica de La Raza in Contra Costa County.
Initiative goals include:
- Increase care coordination across fields for high risk patients over 56 years old
- Incorporate seniors training across La Clínica Contra Costa County sites
- Refine the patient care system to ensure that high-risk senior patients in Contra Costa County receive appropriate preventive care and are actively managed
- Enhance La Clínica's capacity for coordinating and actively managing health care of seniors with challenging medical needs and limitations in Contra Costa County
- Increase capacity for partnership engagement with other senior serving organizations